SECRET SISTER PROGRAM
If you would like to be a part of The Aspire Group Secret Sister Program, please read the following information and fill out the below form. Be sure to carefully read the commitment statement at the bottom of the form and agree to it before submitting! THANK YOU!
**PLEASE NOTE - SECRET SISTER IS CHANGING FOR THE 23-24 SCHOOL YEAR! THIS YEAR SS WILL BE FOCUSED ACROSS ALL OF ASPIRE!! All mommas need some encouragement and prayer no matter what campus you attend! THANK YOU!!
ASPIRE SECRET SISTER PROGRAM RULES AND GUIDELINES
All the ladies of Aspire are invited to participate in this ministry of caring, sharing and encouragement with other Aspire sisters in Christ. You will each be given a "sister" for the SEMESTER that you will need to pray for and encourage. It is wonderful to have someone that prays for you daily and is there to send you an encouraging note or surprise you with a card or small gift from time to time. We’ll be keeping our "sisters" a secret; so don’t let anyone know who you have. At the end of the semester, we will reveal our "sisters."
What are Your Responsibilities if you participate in the Secret Sisters Program?
1. Know that it is a commitment. The lady you are assigned will be expecting you to uphold her in your prayers and she should be able to rely on you for encouragement.
2. Pray daily for your sister. Get to know her needs and her family’s needs so that you may pray specifically for them. We will have a monthly Prayer post on the Aspire Secret Sister BAND (LINK) so that you can follow any new requests your sister may have!
3. Make an effort to get to know your sister. Discover the likes and dislikes of your sister. Know her favorites. Find out all about her. And yes, this includes asking others and we are not below stalking on Social Media! LOL!
4. Be an encouragement to your sister. Send her cards or notes of encouragement, a small gift, re-gift, or homemade item. You will have her home address on the Secret Sister Form, but you can also drop cards or gifts off in the Benevolence Room at the East Campus. There is a Hutch in the Benevolence Room at the far end that Admin will keep an eye on and notify each person if a card or gift is there for them to pick up! Be sure to clearly mark first and last name on any cards or gifts left in Benevolence Room.
5. Remember your sister on her special occasions. Don’t forget to send cards for her birthday and anniversary or special landmarks in your sister’s life. This information will also be given to you on the form.
6. Keep it a secret! Don’t let anyone know whom you have. Again, mail your cards, notes or gifts, or feel free to eave them in the Benevolence Room Secret Sister Hutch!
7. If you are unable to continue, contact Melinda Opela on BAND. If you find you are unable to continue participating in the Secret Sister program, let someone know so another "sister" can be found for the lady you were assigned.
1. Any gift giving is appropriate, but not required. Re-gifting items, food gifts, candy, and homemade goodies are acceptable. However, the program is more focused on PRAYER AND WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT!
2. Make sure you contact your sister by means of an encouraging note, card, or gift AT LEAST TWICE A MONTH. If you forget a few times, that is just fine! But if we aim to bless our Sisters frequently, then when we have on of "those" weeks and forget, it won't be a big deal because she will feel very loved the rest of the month!
Above all, have fun and enjoy getting to know your sisters! You can be the instrument that God has placed in this person’s life to give them the encouragement they need right when they need it. “A word spoken in due season, how good it is!” Proverbs 15:23. Praying daily for your sister will strengthen you, and the rewards can be immeasurable.
SECRET SISTER INFORMATION FORM
Please share as much as you are comfortable with!